Day Ride this Thursday (8th)
If you’re at a loose end this Thursday and are up for an early start, this might interest you
Dave Bonner and Allen Knight have a day route planned for NAM members to ride. The total milage is just over 200mls, plus the milage from/to home.
The starting point is Walkers Snack Bar, Mildenhall and it ends at Mundford roundabout, although those living in Norfolk may prefer to return via Kings Lynn.
This is taking place on the 8th of September. Suggest meeting at 8am to set off 8.30am.
Highlights of the route are –
– Oundle bends (A427)
– Harringworth viaduct (Yellow waypoint 14) for photo opportunity and lovely roads after, reminiscent of the Lincs wolds.
– B6047 Market Harborough to Melton Mowbray. Nice sweeping road, slightly spoiled by 50mph limit.
– Don’t miss the B1176 South from Old Somersby. Quite technical with a succession of tight and sweeping bends. You may want to do more than once!
Some cafes have been included at strategic points along the route marked with red waypoints.
– Oundle. There are a number of cafes, but Dexters in the market square is good. Note that Thursday is market day so no parking in the square. There os a Coop just off the square with car parking.
– Buttercups Cafe, or nearby Welcome Cafe, Hollands Nursery both at about half way.
– Fox & Hounds, Old Somersby. Good for a cuppa before or after tackling the B1176!
– Lodge Farm Cafe, Holbeach. Open until late so good for pit stop before the last leg home.
All welcome and fingers crossed for good weather! Please get in touch if you’re interested.